Sunday 23 January 2011


Lasting impression

Well its been the winter term is over and we are now working into the spring term.
I didn't post much about my work last term as I found it hard to talk about. I have been looking at the lasting impressions people leave in the spaces they fill. For example the atmosphere a person leaves when leaving a room. I showed this my making shadow like pieces that were suppose to represent the area a person fills but without them being fully there. I did this by casting just the shadows on peoples bodies and then suspending the parts to make the outline of a person.
(It is hard to explain without and example in front of you I think.)

This is just a small example where I look a cast of the shadow cat on the models back. I will put photos of the finished piece up soon.

(Hands done in a similar way. )
I have now decided to look at the idea of lasting impressions in a more physical sense rather then spiritual. I plan on doing this by taking casts of hands, feet, bodies ect and putting them into features such as fake walls and floors. I am very excited about this and cannot wait to have a few finished pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment